This year is our 5th North West Astronomy Festival
To mark the occasion we are bringing you a bumper weekend of activity!
Saturday is a special day at the festival as we celebrate Women in Astronomy with 'Ladies Day'. Jane Green leads the day with a mix of serious and frivolous activities. We bring you our presentations from 3 big names in astronomy (all women of course)! Our presenters will then be put to the test on the Astronomer Question Time panel with a very special chair. We will have some fun with our Ladies Day hat competition and hope that you will sport an astronomically themed hat for the day - yes and the men too! We have exhibitions, activities, talks and photographs both from and about, the women who have played a part in the world of astronomy.
Saturday would not be complete without our Saturday Social Supper with live music, food and a fair bit of hilarity - not to be missed. Sunday closes with our awesome raffle, an event that has become a performance in its own right - make sure you buy your tickets during the weekend.
The whole weekend is jam packed with things to do for for everyone so come and .....
- Take advice and see the latest models before buying your new telescope.
- Browse the retail stalls for that vital piece of kit.
- Attend presentations from top names in the world of astronomy.
- Watch the planetarium shows in the space dome.
- Take part in the “Astronomers Question Time” with a panel of well-known faces from Astronomy.
- Have a go at 'hands-on'astronomy.
- Suss out solar observing.
- Meet local astronomical groups and find a bargain on the astro-car boot stalls.
- Enjoy an evening of food and music at the Social Supper
- Discover dark skies, history of astronomy & meteorites
- Get messy on Sunday family fun day – activities for the children and the “child in you”.
So you want to come?
Find out about tickets for 2017