This year is our 6th North West Astronomy Festival
The 6th North West Astronomy festival has quite a different flavour to previous years and to many other national events, as we get back to grassroots astronomy. With the support of the North West Group of Astronomy Societies (NWGAS) and Astronomy Now magazine, we want to focus on local and regional astronomy and stargazing opportunities. We have exhibitions, activities and talks about accessible astronomy including dark skies, starting out in stargazing, astrophotography and meteorites.
Saturday would not be complete without our Saturday Social Supper with live music, food and a fair bit of hilarity - not to be missed. The day closes with our awesome raffle, an event that has become a performance in its own right - make sure you buy your tickets during the day.
The whole weekend is jam-packed with things to do for everyone so come and .....
- Take advice and see the latest models before buying your new telescope.
- Browse the retail stalls for that vital piece of kit.
- Attend presentations from top names in the world of astronomy.
- Watch the planetarium shows in the space dome.
- Take part in the “Astronomers Question Time” with a panel of well-known faces from Astronomy.
- Have a go at 'hands-on' astronomy.
- Suss out solar observing.
- Meet local astronomical groups and find a bargain on the astro-car boot stalls.
- Enjoy an evening of food and music at the Social Supper
- Discover dark skies, history of astronomy & meteorites
- Get messy on Sunday family fun day – activities for the children and the “child in you”.
Find out more about our ticket prices and buy VIP tickets online